Einnjoro: A Redwall Based Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Einnjoro: A Redwall Based Roleplay

Einnjoro is a Redwall based Role Playing Forum. Come discover a whole new world!

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Derwyn Dunaid

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rascal
Log-a-Log
Log-a-Log

Derwyn Dunaid Empty
PostSubject: Derwyn Dunaid   Derwyn Dunaid Empty2/26/2015, 2:36 pm

Name: Derwyn Dunaid

Species: Ocelot

Weapons Used: Staff

Background:

Derwyn of the Dunaid clan, son of Dovin, son of Dervin comes from a small village of ocelots in the Har Forrest area.

Derwyn's clan has always been a peacefull sort, or at least as peacefull as a tribe of ocelots can be. His village has always been cautious of outsiders, perfering to keep to themselves and avoid the dealings of the beasts around them except with the occasional traveling merchant or trader.

As more and more beasts came to the continent however that began to change. New beasts brought new tools, new spices, new musical devices, and of course, gold.

By the time Derwyn turned sixteen his village was in the transition of leaving behind its traditional roots and embracing what these new beasts called 'civilized' customs. Sometimes for good, sometimes for bad.

Like other youths in his clan this began to effect his way of thinking as well as his view on the world. There was a whole new world out there just waiting to be explored and Derwyn wanted to see it all despite how often his natural curiosity has gotten him into trouble.

As a kitten Derwyn fell through some ice while trying to reach an island in the middle of a frozen lake. If not for his brothers who were with him at the time he would have surely drowned. The event left him with an almost morbid fear of deep water, but did little to snuff out his adventures spirit.

An adventurous spirit that led him to explore an open cave where he became hopelessly lost in for almost an entire day. That event gave him a waryness of dark places did manage to end his adventuring days, at least for a while.

When the new beasts started ariving in his village, eiter just passing through or there to do trade with the growing village, their tales of everything they have seen and done rekindled Derwyn's desire to explore.

Now an adult Derwyn has gathered up his meager belongings and ventured forth into the wide open world. He makes his living as a traveling scholar or story teller, working the odd job to keep food in his belly and shoes on his feet.

Personality:

Derwyn is a very curious youth. He enjoys learning about new cultures and feels conatrained to be in one place too long. He generally tries to approach situations with a calm and level head, believing that most situations can be solved with calm words and a level head.

Strengths:

Scholar- despite his tribal up bringing the ocelot knows the basics for reading and writing both in his culture and others from information gleaned from the books and scrolls travelers used to trade with.

Weaknesses:

Fear of Deep water: Dervyn has trouble crossing bridges let alone entering a boat.

Fear of the dark: Dervyn is terrified of the dark.

Lazy: Why do today what you can put off tomarrow?

Additional Information:

Derwyn is a gold and brown furred ocelot with a creme yellow underbelly. He has some muscle but also the beginings of a pot belly around his waist, giving him a sleek and well fed appearence.

Wears a green cloth kilt and a half cloak about his shoulders.

he wears sandles upon his feet and is usually seen with an oak quarter staff.

Last edited by Rascal on 3/6/2015, 10:55 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Elleth
Admin
Admin
Elleth

Derwyn Dunaid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derwyn Dunaid   Derwyn Dunaid Empty3/1/2015, 4:45 pm

Since we've answered some of your questions, would you like to edit your character?  Hardcore bad guy who everyone tries to kill doesn't seem to fit this character to me.
Back to top Go down
Rascal
Log-a-Log
Log-a-Log

Derwyn Dunaid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derwyn Dunaid   Derwyn Dunaid Empty3/1/2015, 6:43 pm

Sounds good ^^ this is mostly a rough draft of an alt i would like to try down ze road And possibly inspired from reading too much of 'Beyond the Western Deep'

its a web comic. Think redwall but with no clear distinction between good and evil :3
Back to top Go down
Elleth
Admin
Admin
Elleth

Derwyn Dunaid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derwyn Dunaid   Derwyn Dunaid Empty3/3/2015, 11:29 am

Rascal wrote:
Sounds good ^^ this is mostly a rough draft of an alt i would like to try down ze road And possibly inspired from reading too much of 'Beyond the Western Deep'

its a web comic. Think redwall  but with no clear distinction between good and evil :3

Sounds interesting! I'll have to check it out.

Edit: Oops, forgot to say that your character is tentatively approved. Do you have any plans for him? I think adding another character to Adventure Awaits might be a bit much, at the moment at least. (that's the tentatively part, lol). You're certainly welcome to either "sit" on him for awhile or start another topic with him, if you like, though.
Back to top Go down
Rascal
Log-a-Log
Log-a-Log

Derwyn Dunaid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derwyn Dunaid   Derwyn Dunaid Empty3/3/2015, 12:13 pm

I plan on using him in qnother thread :3 its always good to have at least 2 alts per server so you can participate in more than 2 story archs at once or use the same alt at different times in their life XD

Back to top Go down
Elleth
Admin
Admin
Elleth

Derwyn Dunaid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derwyn Dunaid   Derwyn Dunaid Empty3/3/2015, 12:39 pm

Sounds good to me, he's fully approved. ^^ Yeah, I've been contemplating making another, but I don't want to get myself into more stories than I can handle. Razz Might do a closed one with my sis, since if it's just her and me we won't mind if the other doesn't post for a week or more. Wink
Back to top Go down
Rascal
Log-a-Log
Log-a-Log

Derwyn Dunaid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derwyn Dunaid   Derwyn Dunaid Empty3/3/2015, 2:18 pm

I havnt edited him yet XD i was thinking about changing his background a bit to something a bit more peacefull.
Back to top Go down
Elleth
Admin
Admin
Elleth

Derwyn Dunaid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derwyn Dunaid   Derwyn Dunaid Empty3/3/2015, 2:39 pm

Oh gosh, guess I missed the parts in my skimming. Didn't see them and thought you'd cut them out. X.x Seriously, I'm awake I swear. *Tries not to seem like too much of an idiot*  >.<

Seriously, though, if you just cut out the bird hunting part (since people can use them as characters here) then he's approved. Although you're certainly welcome to edit him more.
Back to top Go down
Rascal
Log-a-Log
Log-a-Log

Derwyn Dunaid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derwyn Dunaid   Derwyn Dunaid Empty3/3/2015, 2:50 pm

Ok sounds good Very Happy

I hav't decided on exactly how I will edit his background yet. I am aiming to make a traveling scholar of sorts and want him to come from a mostly peacefull background. I just havent figured out yet how he was inspired him to leave his village and go traveling abroad.

Ill let you know what i come up with before i use him ^^
Back to top Go down
Elleth
Admin
Admin
Elleth

Derwyn Dunaid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derwyn Dunaid   Derwyn Dunaid Empty3/3/2015, 3:13 pm

Sounds good.
Back to top Go down
Rascal
Log-a-Log
Log-a-Log

Derwyn Dunaid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derwyn Dunaid   Derwyn Dunaid Empty3/6/2015, 10:56 am

Ok here is the new character profile. For some reason it kept saying the server was under maintinance each time I tried to edit it :p

Background:

Derwyn of the Dunaid clan, son of Dovin, son of Dervin comes from a small village of ocelots in the Har Forrest area.

Derwyn's clan has always been a peacefull sort, or at least as peacefull as a tribe of ocelots can be. His village has always been cautious of outsiders, perfering to keep to themselves and avoid the dealings of the beasts around them except with the occasional traveling merchant or trader.

As more and more beasts came to the continent however that began to change. New beasts brought new tools, new spices, new musical devices, and of course, gold.

By the time Derwyn turned sixteen his village was in the transition of leaving behind its traditional roots and embracing what these new beasts called 'civilized' customs. Sometimes for good, sometimes for bad.

Like other youths in his clan this began to effect his way of thinking as well as his view on the world. There was a whole new world out there just waiting to be explored and Derwyn wanted to see it all despite how often his natural curiosity has gotten him into trouble.

As a kitten Derwyn fell through some ice while trying to reach an island in the middle of a frozen lake. If not for his brothers who were with him at the time he would have surely drowned. The event left him with an almost morbid fear of deep water, but did little to snuff out his adventures spirit.

An adventurous spirit that led him to explore an open cave where he became hopelessly lost in for almost an entire day. That event gave him a waryness of dark places did manage to end his adventuring days, at least for a while.

When the new beasts started ariving in his village, eiter just passing through or there to do trade with the growing village, their tales of everything they have seen and done rekindled Derwyn's desire to explore.

Now an adult Derwyn has gathered up his meager belongings and ventured forth into the wide open world. He makes his living as a traveling scholar or story teller, working the odd job to keep food in his belly and shoes on his feet.

Personality:

Derwyn is a very curious youth. He enjoys learning about new cultures and feels conatrained to be in one place too long. He generally tries to approach situations with a calm and level head, believing that most situations can be solved with calm words and a level head.

Strengths:

Scholar- despite his tribal up bringing the ocelot knows the basics for reading and writing both in his culture and others from information gleaned from the books and scrolls travelers used to trade with.

Weaknesses:

Fear of Deep water: Dervyn has trouble crossing bridges let alone entering a boat.

Additional Information:

Derwyn is a gold and brown furred ocelot with a creme yellow underbelly. He has some muscle but also the beginings of a pot belly around his waist, giving him a sleek and well fed appearence.

Back to top Go down
Rascal
Log-a-Log
Log-a-Log

Derwyn Dunaid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derwyn Dunaid   Derwyn Dunaid Empty3/6/2015, 11:52 am

I was having problems with editing my origional post so...here is Derwyn 2.0!

Background:

Personality:

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

Additional Information:

Back to top Go down
Merenwe
Admin
Admin
Merenwe

Location : Lurking somewhere in the realms of your imagination.

Derwyn Dunaid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derwyn Dunaid   Derwyn Dunaid Empty3/6/2015, 6:11 pm

I have one suggestion, to help explain why he's a scholar/storyteller, perhaps he was apprenticed to the history keeper, or whatever you want to call it, in his village.  You can elaborate on that, but it seems to me like it's important that he's a scholar, but there's no background as to why and how he became one.
Back to top Go down
https://einnjoro.rpg-board.net
Elleth
Admin
Admin
Elleth

Derwyn Dunaid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derwyn Dunaid   Derwyn Dunaid Empty3/6/2015, 7:17 pm

He's approved Wink
Back to top Go down
Rascal
Log-a-Log
Log-a-Log

Derwyn Dunaid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derwyn Dunaid   Derwyn Dunaid Empty3/6/2015, 7:55 pm

I knew I forgot something XD yes he was working on becoming the next village scholar :3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Derwyn Dunaid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derwyn Dunaid   Derwyn Dunaid Empty

Back to top Go down

Derwyn Dunaid
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Einnjoro: A Redwall Based Roleplay :: Characters :: Character Biographies-
Jump to: