Einnjoro: A Redwall Based Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Einnjoro: A Redwall Based Roleplay

Einnjoro is a Redwall based Role Playing Forum. Come discover a whole new world!

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Questions about Setting

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rascal
Log-a-Log
Log-a-Log

Questions about Setting Empty
PostSubject: Questions about Setting   Questions about Setting Empty2/24/2015, 5:41 pm

Hello again! I just have a couple of quick questions about the setting.

Question 1.

What do animals eat? A very obvious question that becomes complicated when all animals are sentient, can speak, and generally live as human beings.

Is is socially acceptabl for 'vermin' or preditory species to walk up into a bar and order grilled otter and with a side of squirrel soup?

If so how do preditors collect their prey? Through hunting, ranching, etc etc.

or is their a non sentient supliment animal 'like non sentient animals' that vermin eat because no matter how deplorable the villain may be consuming sentient animals is taboo?

Question 2.

What are the cites like? Do they follow a certain theme? Especially to denizens?

What is their ruling class like at a glance? What are the punishments for crime? (Something all thiefy and villainous characters should know :3 )

Question 3.

What are the relations with preditor and prey species that already exist on the main land? Or are foxes coyotes etc etc all recent arivals?

Are there some areas that it would be a very bad idea to enter as a mouse, squirrel, or hare etc or visa versa with fox's weasels and stoats and etc etc.

Question 4.

The most important question of all!

Where do they get milk?

No, honestly. I have always wondered where do animal like races get milk and cheese to make pastries?

Ok so its not that important XD but I would still be good to know.
Back to top Go down
Elleth
Admin
Admin
Elleth

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Setting   Questions about Setting Empty2/24/2015, 7:30 pm

Lol! Those are some awesome questions. I've thought of some of them, but haven't talked to Merenwe about them yet. I need to discuss it with her before making any decisions, since those things could have huge ramifications. I'll talk with her and we'll get back to you asap, but it might be a few days before we decide, as we don't live together and are pretty busy. Her with collage and me with work and my brand new betta who got here today. (I thought he was dead at first, thank goodness he wasn't and is doing much better now, but be forewarned that between work and nursing my betta back to full health, I'm not sure when we'll be able to talk).
Back to top Go down
Rascal
Log-a-Log
Log-a-Log

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Setting   Questions about Setting Empty2/24/2015, 8:47 pm

Oh thqts perfectly fine ^^ rl before rp Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Elleth
Admin
Admin
Elleth

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Setting   Questions about Setting Empty3/1/2015, 4:39 pm

1. What do animals eat?
Merenwe and I talked and decided that for meats, insects, fish, clams, shrimp, mussels, oysters, etc. are acceptable.  Of course any edible plant is allowed.  What we will call "cannibalism" is allow to a very very specific degree, since it is included in a few of Brian Jacques books to a degree.  If you desire to RP a cannibalistic character, this will have severe ramifications in everything else they do.  Even hardened villains will shy from a creature who eats others.  It is taboo, and those who break the taboo will either be slain or will have to constantly adapt and avoid being killed by virtually anyone they might encounter.  If you choose to RP as a character who is a cannibal, you will need to thoroughly discuss it with Merenwe and I first, and it is highly likely that the RP thread would result in the death of your character.  I can see very very few things that could happen instead of death.

3. Predators have been on the mainland for time out of mind.  I think they'll be treated reasonably by almost any character, since we now have the established "meat" rules.  This doesn't mean that character will not base their snap judgements of others based on their experiences, because they will.  So someone who's had a bad experience with a certain species will most likely be more leery of them.  

Example: My character Niamh feels very, very self-conscious and nervous around other otters, and much more at home around hares.  She struggles with feelings of resentment towards her family, which can come out sometimes when dealing with other otters.

I'm afraid I have no answers for your other questions yet, but we're working on them.
Back to top Go down
Elleth
Admin
Admin
Elleth

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Setting   Questions about Setting Empty3/1/2015, 4:58 pm

4. Milk is the sap of certain plants.  Not sure which ones, if detail is needed later we can go into it then, lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Setting   Questions about Setting Empty

Back to top Go down

Questions about Setting
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Einnjoro: A Redwall Based Roleplay :: Out Of Character :: Help!-
Jump to: